Monday, July 20, 2015

Mission Accomplished, Goodbye Taibao, and Hello Donghai!‏

Hello Family, 

Well, this week has been pretty crazy to say the least. A LOT has happened so I might as well get going.

So yup, when I say mission accomplished, it means that Ke Guo Lin FINALLY GOT BAPTIZED!!!! That's right, ladies and gentlemen. This last Friday, after having confirmed with him all week, we had his baptism. It was a small, humble meeting, with a few of the members present. But it was super cool. He shared his testimony and you can really see the change. And he was the first person I helped baptize, so that made it all the more special to me. I hope that he can continue to press forward in faith and know that God will help him. It really is incredible and it is a testimony to me of the truthfulness of the work that we are engaged in.  I will attach pictures of his baptism.

And the other big piece of news. Yup, I have moved. I am no longer in Taibao, which justifies this late email. So, normally, we receive the transfer calls on Saturday night. They will tell us who is staying and who is moving and such. Well, apparently the zone leaders didn't get the transfer lists until really late, so we had to wait until Sunday morning. Needless to say, it was kind of a long night. Well, Sunday morning comes, and the zone leaders finally call. Elder Yeh is staying. And I am going to Donghai,(D-oh-ng High) in Taichung. Now, the funny part about me going to Donghai is that it is where Elder Watson served before he came to Taibao. I am serving in my papa's old area!  
So, I go to church and spend the afternoon saying goodbye to the people in Taibao. It feels like I've been there forever, but at the same time, it feels so short. Saying goodbye to Taibao was really hard, but I know that I am where the Lord needs me and I am looking forward to this new adventure!  And because NORMALLY you would have two nights to pack (but I didn't) I spent pretty much the entire night packing my dong xi. I was up until like 2:30 when I finally gave up and went to bed. Then I woke up at 5:30 to finish and get ready. Needless to say, I am tired. Anyways, I said goodbye to Elder Yeh after only a move call together, and I got on the train to Taichung at 10:15. I got here at about 11:30ish, and the first thing I was greeted by was a huge attack hug from Elder Watson, helping pick up some of the new missionaries in his zone! Man, it was so awesome to see him again! I met up with my new companion, Elder Moore, from Arizona. He is a stud guy. I look forward to working with him. Anyways, after spending about an hour trying to find the right bus back to our area, we finally made it back.
And boy-oh-boy is this area different. Compared the rice fields and far-out bike rides of Taibao, the high rise buildings and bustling city life of Taichung is very very different. It is kind of shocking actually. Something that I will have to get used to. it is SO MUCH cooler up here. It's nice! our area won't involve as much biking. We don't even have any secondary areas, compared to Taibao's 6 or 7. But it seems like a pretty fun place, so I'm excited. I haven't really had time to take pictures of the area, so I will get those to you next week. I will have an opportunity to go to the temple. I will find out the date later. But I am STOKED about that.
I did forget to mention something however. Coming here, I am the new English leader, which means I am in charge of everything related to English class in our district. Since Taibao only had Elder Yeh and I, it didn't really involve much. But now I have to schedule and prepare our weekly "English Meeting" and make sure that everything pertaining to English class is in order. So that will be fun. Elder Yeh gave me some advice on how to do things though, so it should be a smooth transition.
Anyways, I hope that you have a good week and I look forward to talking to you very soon. Love you guys!

From Donghai with Love,

Elder Chase Joseph Millett


No comments:

Post a Comment