Sunday, February 14, 2016

Chinese New Year, and ummm........That's about it.....

大家好。新年快樂!

Hey guys! I hope that you have had an awesome week. I know that I have here. Happy Chinese New Year!!!! Probably not as big a deal there as it is here, but I hope you had a good time anyways. Yeah, that is pretty much all that happened for this week, but I guess I will say what I can. 

So, during the New Year, missionary work slows down quite a bit. Everyone is either at home with their families or they are going on vacation and playing and stuff, so it's kind of hard to set up with people. So, during this time of the year, missionaries will eat with members a lot. And during the New Year, we have a rule that we can be at a dinner appointment for 2 hours, because apparently it's disrespectful to stay for under an hour or so. So yeah, we ate with members a lot this week. Ate lots of good food.
Well, even though the week was kind of slow as far as the work goes, we have actually gotten a lot done. We were out finding and contacting for most of the day every day this week, and we have found a lot of really cool potential people. My street contacting skills are improving, so that is good. That is always something that I've struggled a bit with. But they have definitely gotten better this past week. Elder Park and I are getting along great. It seems weird that we only have one move call left together, but yeah, time flies when you're working hard. (I think that's how the saying goes.)

Well, yeah, not much else to report on. Oh yeah, after serving 3-4 transfers as a District Leader, President has assigned one of the other Elders in our District, Elder Lauti to take my place as district leader. He is a few move calls older than I am, and he is getting ready to train this coming move call. He is a great guy and will do an awesome job. It does seem weird not having that responsibility any more though. I really enjoyed it. And it really offered a neat opportunity to help lift and inspire other missionaries, one of my main goals here. So, while I am a little sad to have to leave the position, the Lord obviously needs me focusing on other things right now. The Lord will definitely put us where we are needed, and I know that is very true.

Well, I love you guys! This week has been awesome, and I have a feeling this week is also going to be awesome as well. Missions are just awesome! Taiwan is just awesome!!! My life is just awesome!!!! Love you guys and I will talk to you very soon. If you have any questions for me, please feel free to ask! See ya!

Sincerely,
Elder Chase Joseph Millett
雷長老
So I asked Elder Millett if he was in need of anything in his next package, this was the reply; "the other Elders in our district have told me that more pepper jelly is a necessity at this point. They are addicted. And I am too! " So pepper jelly will be on its way shortly!
​One more Sushi picture!

Dinner at the 林 Family's house.

​Sushimi at this Japanese place with the Su Family. (And a big o' ball of wasabi!!!!)








No comments:

Post a Comment