Sunday, March 6, 2016

More Bowling, Mr. Fang, and Livin' on a Prayer

大家好。

我是那個雷長老,那個什麼。。。傳教士。

Right, well. Back to business. 

So, this past week, we went bowling for our P-Day. We went with the FHE group. The only reason they got to go was because of it being leap day. They got the day off here for that. That is kind of fun. So we all went, and it was awesome. I lost as always though. I've never been able to bowl. Pretty sad. But we got some fun pictures anyway. This is Elder Bradford and I lifting Diego. At least I'm staying somewhat strong, (not that he's that big in the first place!) But in this picture is Jamal (far left), Ricky (Next to Jamal), Us/Diego, Kevin (our RC standing in the back), and Felicia (far right). Love those guys! Gonna miss them when I leave here eventually. 
Well, this past week, as far as the missionary work goes, was kind of slow. We have been doing a lot of finding recently. Just riding around trying to find new people to teach. But, this past week, while we were making some phone calls, we called a number that we've had for quite a long time. We managed to get a hold of him and set him up. His name is Bryce Fang. He is a super cool guy who lived in Canada for two years. He started asking us all kinds of questions and telling us why he doesn't agree with the "traditional churches" in Taiwan. But he was super eager to read the Book of Mormon and the Restoration pamplet, so he is looking very solid. We are going to meet with him again on Wednesday. 

Well, lastly, this week, I've been praying, a lot. Like more than I've ever done before. As I said, the work has been kind of slow as of late, and so we have been trying to pray for new people, and for our progressing investigators to continue to progress. At almost every opportunity, I pray for success and for the Spirit's guidance in the work. And it definitely has brought peace and miracles this past week. I think that Bryce was one of them. And then, just this morning, as I was sitting and thinking about the work this morning, I got the impression to read my Patriarchal Blessing again. So, I did. And something that I read inside really meant a lot to me. It spoke of me developing my faith, and eventually having my faith "reach nigh unto heaven," and "bringing about miracles in my life, and great joy." And that really hit me. Of all the things I have taken from my mission so far, I realized that I still have to work on some of the very basics. Developing faith through prayer is an essential part of conversion, not just of investigators, but of ourselves as well. We are to call upon God in prayer at every opportunity. It is a commandment that we pray unto him. And through more diligent prayer this last week, I feel personally that I have seen many miracles, and great joy. So, that is my goal for this week, to continue to pray at every opportunity, and to continue to seek the Lord's will in this, His mighty work. The work of the salvation of souls is not easy, but we have an Almighty Father, willing to listen to the cry's of His children. He listened when the children of Israel where under Egypt's tasking hand, crying for a Deliverer. He listened when His Only Begotten Son said, "Not My will, but Thine be done," as he performed His Atoning Sacrifice. He listened when a 14-year old boy desired to know where truth was, and which church held it. He will listen to us today. He is listening, and He will give us the answers He sees fit, in His time, and in His way. I know that to be true. I have lived and seen it.

Well, that is about it for this week. I hope that all of you had a good week as well. Know that I am missing and praying for you always. Thanks for all of the help, support, and encouragement. The work goes on, and time keeps a rollin'. Love you all and I will talk to you very soon.

Sincerely,
Elder Chase Joseph Millett
雷長老






No comments:

Post a Comment