Sunday, March 27, 2016

Training is OVER?!, Baptizing a Filipino, and Playing 麻將

大家好!

Well, this week has been pretty good I guess. Can't complain. Starting to feel really old though, but I guess that's normal. Yeah, the Sisters in my generation are going home this next week, all except for one I think. But yeah, that means that I am rapidly approaching my year and a half mark. Sad to see some really good friends go, but I am glad for all the adventures still to come.

So yeah, we are officially finished with training now. Yup, Elder Park and I are officially a regular missionary companionship. That means that instead of leaving the door at 12:00, we will leave the door at 10:30, like every other missionary. YES! More time for finding the gold nuggets! But yeah, this transfer was extended by a week to prepare for the new missionaries getting on island this week. That is why Elder Park and I are a regular companionship now. Normally, one of us would've been moving today, but because this is a 7-week transfer, one of us will be moving next week. I have the feeling that I will be leaving and Elder Park will have the chance to run the area, but we won't know for sure until next Saturday. That only adds to my feeling old, knowing that I will probably be moving to either my last, or second to last area! GAH!!!! Where has the time gone?!

Well, in other news, this week Eric will be getting baptized!!!!! WOOHOO!!!! Yup, he passed his baptismal interview this last week, and he is going to be getting baptized on Saturday night at 7:00pm.And we are looking forward to it. I was SOOOO hoping that we would be able to baptize during our 12 weeks together, and I guess it's a miracle that we have the extended move call, so that we could have the chance to baptize Eric. I guess I'll count that! But, we are so proud of him and of all the effort he's put into learning the Gospel. English is his second language, so he has been really brave to take the lessons in English. And despite the fact that he doesn't speak Chinese, he has come to church every week, and he loves it!!! So, we are so thankful for the miracles that we have seen with him. If there is one thing that I have learned in Tainan, it would be patience. We have gone through many different investigators here, and we finally found one who was genuinely prepared. God definitely works according to His own timing!

Lastly, this last week, we played a lot of 麻將, or MaJiang. Most of the Taiwanese bet when they play it, but you can play without gambling and it's just as fun, and not against church policy! I remember that Elder Moore was the first one to teach me how to play when I was back in DongHai. I hadn't played for a really long time, but we played during our P-Day last week, and then we played with one of the 4th Ward's recent converts, Yang Mama. I was so proud when I won last night! Yus, I beat the Taiwanese at their own game! Haha. Anyways, it was fun.

Well, that's about it for this week. Still working hard. Still keeping on going. This may be my last email from Tainan, but we'll see what Saturday brings. Know I love you guys! Keep on Rockin! Talk to you soon! Love ya!

Elder Chase Joseph Millett
雷仕鈞長老

仕鈞 is the new name given to me by Yang Mama. Since I got it from a Taiwanese person, I will probably start using this name instead of my old one from high school, 一鳴. So yeah, my new name is Lei Shi Jun. Cool! Talk to you soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment