Sunday, July 3, 2016

First Week of the New Movecall, Goodbye President and Sister Blickenstaff, Welcome President and Sister Teh.


大家好!

This week has been quite the adventure thus far. New companion, new move call, new mission president. Everything is new! And that has made things really interesting over here. I don't know exactly what I'm going to talk about yet. I kinda come up with it as I go along. But, I'll think of something.

Well, the first week of the movecall has been a fun one, as well as one full of miracles. Elder Sagastegui (Sah-Gah-Steh-Gee) and I are ready to make some things happen here in DongYing. So, this last Sunday, or yesterday to be exact, we had two of our investigators come to church. Our friend Gary, who we've been meeting with for a little while now came to church for the first time. He liked it. He has been trying to find direction in his life and now he feels he's on the right track. We are just going to keep pushing forward with him. And secondly, one of the members of our Bishopric, 謝弟兄, has been having missionaries meet with his dad for sometime now to share the Gospel with him. He came to church again yesterday, showing us that he does have the desire. He is a little slow to understand, but we are going to continue to work with him. No doubt he will be baptized in the near future. This last week, 鄭弟兄 took us out to McDonald's to eat again. It was just as ridiculous as before. He buys so much food. I didn't eat as much as last time, which is good because it means I'm losing weight (I hope.). I only ate like 4 burgers, 5 ice creams, two fries, and two large cokes. (No, it's not that I ordered that, he orders that much for us. It's insane.) Here are some of the before and after pictures.
Well, those pictures about sum up this last week.

Lastly, it's official. President and Sister Blickenstaff have returned to America. Their 3 year mission is over. I really don't know what to say here. I have known them for the majority of my mission, and I won't lie and say that it wasn't a little emotional to see them go home. But, I am so thankful for their service and for all of the support they've given to me, and to the mission as a whole. They will be missed. I have a fun picture I took on President's last day. I will send it in a separate email. And yeah, that also means that we welcomed President and Sister Teh. We are excited to have them, and I'm sure I will tell you more about them as time goes on. But yeah, that's about it for the week. Not too much going on. You got any questions, just let me know!

Love ya,
Elder Chase Joseph Millett
雷長老
??? No words!!! Elder Sagastegui, Elder Millett, and King Young
Elder Sagastegui and I making calls at a 7-11. He's from Kentucky.

Before..all ready to go.....
After..all .ready to kill ourselves...

6-30-16 Welcome to the Greatest Mission: Presenting President Michael and Sister Grace Teh!

Elder Millett and King Young (Love the name tag!)

Selfie with President Blickenstaff
King Young, Elder Millett, Elder Duffing, Elder Wallner, and Elder Sagastegui



FHE

No comments:

Post a Comment