Monday, June 27, 2016

Surprise Update from Tainan, Goodbye Elder Baxter, and Welcome Elder Sagastegui!!!

大家好!

This week has been a little crazy getting ready for a new movecall and stuff, but it has definitely been pretty good. We are still working with some really cool people and trying to find new ones. And with movecall came some fun changes, but I will get to those in a minute.

Well, this last week, I got a really neat update from Elder Starkweather in Tainan. Our investigator Peter was baptized last Saturday!!! I was so stoked to hear that!!!!! He was able to find the means to come to church and he was able to be baptized! Because of distance and time, I wasn't able to attend his baptism, but I am so excited to be able to tell him congratulations. This is one of those miracles that really helps teach an important principle, about having faith in God's timing. I have such a strong testimony of that important truth.

Well, another movecall has begun. We got the call on Sunday morning that Elder Baxter would be moving to Tainan 2nd ward (the east side, not where I was before.) My new companion is Elder Sagastegui, from Alabama. He is in the same generation as Elder Baxter. He just came up from Tainan so him and Elder Baxter just switched places. Kind of funny how that works out. Well, aside from our companionship, Elder Bradford also moved out of Taiping. He moved down to ChangHwa to be in a tripanionship. Sister Zhang finished her mission and will go home to Taipei. So, half of our district changed. But it should be pretty fun. New move calls and new starts. Elder Park is still in DongGang for now. Elder Starkweather is still in Tainan. Elder Erwin is in Taichung now, over in the other zone. Elder Yeh is also in Taichung, over in Nantun. Elder Rogers is going to finish training a new missionary over in Puli. Yeah, been able to keep track of most of em. Pretty fun. And there are like 20 missionaries going home this move call, so that is kind of sad. But, we are thankful for their service. So, yeah, when I have the ability to send pictures, I will. This computer doesn't like reading sd cards and stuff, so I can't send any. But I'm sure I will when the time comes. Oh well.

Well, that is about it for now. Can't wait to hear from you guys! Sorry for the late email. People moving can make things kind of complicated sometimes, so we are emailing a little bit later. But, enjoy anyways. Love you guys! 

Sincerely,
Elder Chase Joseph Millett
雷龘鬱長老

No comments:

Post a Comment