Monday, August 15, 2016

First Week in 嘉義, 應許地, Loving Every Second!

大家好。

Sorry for the late update again. I emailed for about an hour this morning, mostly just talking to family and stuff, so I am just getting my weekly out now. But, hopefully it's still pretty good.

Well, this last week, or my first week back in JiaYi has been incredible. I LOVE THIS PLACE! We saw so so many miracles last week. One of the miracles that we saw was that we were able to hit most of the mission standards, which are (2 Investigators with a Baptismal Date, 2 Investigators at Sacrament Meeting, and 3 New Investigators.) We were able to drop in 2 baptismal goals with some GOLDEN, no, PLATINUM people. One of the guys is named Tu 弟兄. He is super cool. He is studying at the University here in Jiayi to become a veterinarian. The guy loves animals! But he is super ready for the Gospel, and is excited every time we give him a new invitation. AH! So awesome!

That is only one of the many miracles that we have seen this past week here. But it really is another sign to me that JiaYi really is Taiwan's 應許地 (Ying Xu Di), or Promised land. I have had a special connection to this place since I got here. Having traveled every week to the JiaYi chapel when I was in training for our DTM's and such, I became somewhat familiar with the city. And now actually being one of the shepherds of this area is a huge blessing and privilege for me. Even just this past week, I started thinking about the circumstance that I'm in. I got sent back to the same zone, and what was before, my same district as my first area. I'm companions with an Elder whom I became good friends with back in DongHai. The area just became a stake close to a month ago now, so the work is booming here, and everyone is excited to help. And I am at the prime of my mission. The Chinese is ok. I'm used to the life and culture. I feel like everything was leading up to this point in time. I really feel that it is one of the tender mercies of the Lord sending me back here. I do love this place!

As far as being a ZL goes, it has it's ups and downs. One of the upsides is that I get to be with a companion who is also pretty experienced. We both know what has to go down and it makes things smooth. One of the downsides is that we make a TON of phone calls, especially this last week, forwarding messages from President and the Assistants and so forth to the other missionaries. There was one night that we didn't really get to bed until like 10:40 because we are trying to help prepare this youth conference and stuff. But it's all good. I'm having fun, and I'm getting used to it already. But really, it's no different that being a regular missionary. We still go out and work just as hard as every one else. We still have meetings and lessons with investigators and members just like every one else. So it is a pretty exciting time. I'm doing great. The work is great. And I just love being a missionary! And I love all of you too! Can't wait to hear from ya! See ya'll soon!

Sincerely,
Elder Chase Joseph Millett
雷龘鬱長老
We got asked to present an introduction to our church in a cram school in our secondary area. We taught them how to sing "I am a Child of God" and we taught them stories about Jesus. It was super fun! Haven't taught a group of 20+ kids age 7-12 the Gospel before. Kind of a change of pace.

We biked around this super super cool lake with a member today. It was pretty cloudy. This was like 1:30 in the afternoon!



What is my favorite part of being a missionary?

"I just love the people of Taiwan. It really has become my second home, and I'm sure that I will be back here more than once. I love the service that I get to provide. But mostly, I love the chance to give 100% of my time to Christ. I have changed more in these two years than in any other time of my life. There have been hard times, and wonderful times. But it has all been so worth it. Every day, I get to see people open their eyes to the truth. I get to see people get filled with the light of Christ. I have seen miracles, some small, and some great. And I am a totally different person because of it. It is so awesome! And soon Tyler, and maybe someday, you, will have a chance to have the same experience."


Dear Brother and Sister Millett ,
I am pleased to inform you that your son, Elder Chase Joseph Millett , has been called to serve as Zone Leader in the Taiwan Taichung Mission.
Only the most experienced, obedient and energetic Elders are called to be Zone Leaders. Zone Leaders not only must set an unwavering example, but also spend much of their time training and motivating other missionaries in their zone. He will supervise several districts and be a source of counsel and advice for the missionaries in his zone. I am confident your son will fulfill these duties with the utmost diligence.
Please, continue to encourage your son to reach out in excellence as he serves the Lord in this new calling. You can be proud of him and his efforts. He is certainly living up to the trust the Lord has placed in him as he serves here in the Taiwan Taichung Mission.
Sincerely,
 President Teh Signature block 
President Michael John U. Teh
Taiwan Taichung Mission














No comments:

Post a Comment