Monday, August 8, 2016

Here We Are, Ending Where I Started, Saying Goodbye to DongYing and Elder Sagastegui

大家好.

First Off, I'd like to apologize to anyone who was caused some distress by my not emailing last week. We got back really late from the amusement park, about an hour later than anticipated, so our email time was cut pretty short. I would've loved to email you guys, but I was trying to get everything done like numbers and stuff as well, so there wasn't too much time to make things happen. Sorry. 

Well, this last week has been pretty insane. We were kind of caught off guard actually. So, to start off, after that crazy p-day adventure, our two progressing investigators, Ashley and Vicky, both dropped us like a sack of potatoes. Ashley explained that her dad was extremely against her coming into contact with Christian beliefs, so she said that she would not be able to meet anymore.  But she did get permission to come to English class, so they will be able to keep seeing them there. I'll explain what I mean by "they" in a second. Secondly, we had our ZTM (Zone Training Meeting) on Thursday, and I found out that day that the P90X videos can no longer be used for exercise. Well, there goes my daily workout! I don't know what to do without Tony Horton! Haha, that's ok. I can still use the P90X workout book to do the workouts, just not the videos. Wednesday night was our English party, and that was crazy. Everything from a wallet disappearing to kids throwing apples happened that night. ...Needless to say, I was dead tired! Lastly, on Thursday, we found out that Elder Christiansen, an Elder in one of the other wards in our chapel, was going to be training this next transfer, so we were asked if we could have his old companion stay with us for a couple of days. We agreed and Elder Hongvilai, from Thailand, was our companion for 3 days. Well, the day we picked him up, that Friday, we got a call from the Assistants telling us that the DongYing Elders apartment was going to be closed and that Elder Sagastegui and I would BOTH be moving! We were both shocked to say the least. But we were informed that we had to get the apartment like super clean before we left so that it was ready when they move Elders back in there in a few weeks (like a transfer or two). So, we spent a lot of time cleaning and organizing the apartment, prepping it for temporary closing. Well, the next day, Saturday morning, I got a call from President Teh. He asked if I would be willing to serve as a Zone Leader, to which I think I gave an audible gasp. After talking with him, I agreed to. And he told me that I would be serving in.........JiaYi! Yup, that's right. I was born in the JiaYi Zone, and now I am going to die in it. I was in the same Zone when I was trained. I was in a different area though. I was in Taibao, which is like the outskirts of JiaYi. I am now in the city. But that's ok, I came here every week for DTM when I was here.  Super weird feeling. And not only that, but my new companion is Elder Clayson, an Elder who served in my district when I was back in DongHai. We know each other pretty well, so we were excited.  Elder Clayson is from Mapleton, Utah. And I forgot to mention, Elder Baxter moved into my zone now too, so I'll get to see him at some point. Well, not only that, when the actual transfer came in that Saturday night, we found out that Elder Sagastegui would be moving down to DongGang to be with Elder Park!!!! WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Yeah, my son and my previous companion serving together. They were freaking out!!! And not only that, Elder Hongvilai found out that he was going to be serving in Tainan 3rd ward with Elder Starkweather! My previous companion and area! Sometimes I wonder how these things work out. But it was pretty exciting too. So yeah, we closed up shop in DongYing, a ward with only Sisters in it for the moment, and now I am serving as JiaYi's ZL. Pretty wild stuff. But yeah, I am healthy, happy, of course a little nervous for this new responsibility, but excited to be dying in a place with which I'm somewhat familiar. I feel it is one of God's tender mercies. I love you all so very much. I'm excited to hear from you. Sorry for the lateness of this email, again. But know that I am looking forward to talking to you!

Sincerely,
Elder Chase Joseph Millett
雷長老



Last pictures of DongYing

Elder Clayton and I at the JiaYi chapel

No comments:

Post a Comment