Sunday, September 11, 2016

My First ZTM, Back to Taibao!, and P-Day Fun with Peter

I figured I would start with some pictures this week. This was one of our P-Day adventures last week. There is this really neat exhibit with some "3D Paintings" that you can take pictures with. You stand in a certain place and take a picture and it makes you look like part of the painting. It was pretty dope. There are also some pictures of Peter and I at the BBQ Buffet.

大家好!中秋節快樂! (Happy Mid-Autumn Festival!)

I have come to love Asian holidays. I am definitely going to celebrate them back home! Haha.

This last week has been super crazy!!! But it has been tons of fun too! I have gotten to have a lot of really neat experiences. I will get to those in just a second. But just know that Elder Clayson and I are doing super dope right now. We are seeing miracle after miracle here in JiaYi. The member referral I wrote about last week is doing really well. He actually really wants to be baptized, and fast! We actually have to explain to him what has to happen before he can be baptized though. And our other investigators are progressing nicely as well. We did have to drop a couple of them this last week though, which is kind of sad, but they still have a chance. The work is going well. Loving life! What more could ya ask for?

Well, this last week I had the opportunity of a lifetime. We expected to go on exchanges with the Taibao Elders this last week. (For those of you who don't remember, Taibao was my first area.) Normally, the way exchanges work out nowadays, we would bring both Elders to our area for a day and we would split the lessons and stuff, but I managed to get special permission to go back to Taibao for a day!!! I WAS SO STOKED!!! I got to go with Elder Fuller, another Elder who was "born" in Taibao. I got to eat at one of my favorite restaurants, LaoDiFang. I got to run into some old members and catch up. They are all shocked at the weight I've lost. It was pretty funny to see their reactions. And not only that, I got to do some good ol' contacting in one of the secondary areas there. And, to top all of that off, before we exchanged back, we got to meet a really cool potential investigator working at LaoDiFang. So, many many miracles, and a tender mercy from the Lord to allow me to go back to an area I hadn't been to in over a year. I was awesome.

Lastly, this last P-Day was very very busy, but very very fun. I had been in contact with my RC from Tainan, Peter, who wanted to come up to JiaYi for a P-Day to hang out with us. And it just so happens that last Monday was also Elder Eisert's birthday, so we had planned to go to ShiTou, the BBQ Buffet with like 3-4 other companionships and some members, so Peter came too. We got to catch up. He is doing so awesome as a new member. He is a Ward Missionary right now, so that is a cool chance for him to share his newly found testimony. We chatted and had fun and stuff. He also told us about this super cool exhibit that had opened up in JiaYi a little while ago with a bunch of cool 3D paintings. We went over there and had some fun. I will send those pictures in a minute. But yeah, a super super fun P-Day. And I was so happy to see Peter again. We have no doubt become great friends.

Well, that is about it for this week. Like I said, the work is going great. Having a blast with Elder Clayson. The transfer is coming up next week, which symbolizes that I'm going to be starting my last transfer as a full time missionary. It feels really weird, especially considering the fact that I was able to spend a day in my first area again this past week. Time really does fly, and way too fast. I have loved my mission, and I am looking forward to these last 7 weeks. I decided that to end my mission, I'm going to read the Book of Mormon one last time with a nametag on. I am going to really solidify my testimony of the truthfulness of the book. And I know that I am going to learn great things from it during these golden years of my service. I love all of you very much and I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
Elder Chase Joseph Millett
雷龘鬱長老

























































1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! Those 3D pics are awesome! How fun that must have been. It has been so fun to follow your sweet boy through his mission. To hear him write "my last transfer" really hits home that our boys are coming home. I remember when Will wrote that and how he only has 22 days left before coming home. A very bitter sweet moment it will be. I have missed him, loved him being out there, wished these days could go on forever for him while wishing he were home....a whirlwind of emotions. I saw that you got his itinerary, when does he fly in? Well, let me know if you need anything. I'm so happy for you and your family Shay!! Take care!

    ReplyDelete