Sunday, September 18, 2016

Well, the End is Near (Meaning I'm the Oldest), Zoo & the Freen, Some Changes

This week has been a ride! But it has been fun. And this email marks a bittersweet day in my mission. I will get to that in a minute. But to start things off, the work is EXPLODING here in JiaYi still. We have a guy on date to be baptized on the 1st of October, and our other investigator Sister Shi, has agreed to set a baptismal date during our next lesson. So that has us super stoked, because her son will probably follow soon after. So, Elder Clayson and I are super stoked.

Well, like I said, today marks a bittersweet day in my mission. As of today, I am now the oldest generation in the mission. The guys who were in the MTC above me are finishing today, which means that I am technically the oldest missionary in the mission, mission-age wise. I got to the MTC before Elder Quist. This marks the start of my last transfer here in Taiwan, which is blowing my mind!!!! I can't even believe it. Time has just gotten faster and faster. Well, I won't say any more than that, but yeah. That is where my time stands now.

Last week, we had a pretty fun preparation day again. We have a lot of those here, mostly because there is a member who likes to take us out every week to go see the sights. So, last week, we went to a restaurant pretty famous among JiaYi missionaries, the "Freen on the Hill." It is just a Freen Burger, a pretty common chain on the island, but this one is bigger and has stuff that only this one has. The menu is like twice as big and the quality is tons better! So we decided to go there, and I ate the "River of Cheese" burger, which is not something I'm going to do again. Haha. But it was fun while it lasted. We went with like 8 missionaries, and some members and investigators, so that was lots of fun. After that, we went to a zoo in one of the far reaches of our secondary area, somewhere that missionaries have probably never been proselyting before. That was fun too. They had all kinds of fun stuff. I'll let pictures do the talking. 

Lastly, transfers were this last weekend, and I have some news. I am going to die here in JiaYi with Elder Clayson!! Yep, we are staying together one more transfer! I am so stoked about that. I was born in JiaYi, and I'm REALLY going to die there now. So that makes me so happy. And we had some other fun changes in the mission. First off, I'm a grandfather now! Yep, Elder Park is training a new missionary. But not only that, he is training in my last area, DongYing!!!!!!! I flipped when I heard that!!! Elder Erwin, my old companion from Tainan, just moved into Taibao, my first area!!!!! And I get to talk to him again! Elder Clayson's really good friends Elders Dayton and Sims just moved here too, and they are both hilarious. And something I just found out about is that Elder Quist just moved to another area with only one transfer left, which kind of shocked me. I don't know where he is yet, but I will find out soon enough. So yeah, what a good way to end my time here. I get to serve around lots of people that I love and care about, and I am in a thriving, golden area, with a lot of expected baptisms to follow. "My life is good, really good." I love you all and I will talk to you next week.

Sincerely,
Elder Chase Joseph Millett
雷龘鬱長老



It didn't affect JiaYi at all. We are surrounded by mountains, so it kept us pretty protected. A little windy and rainy, but nothing crazy. Yeah, it was pretty calm.


No comments:

Post a Comment