Tuesday, December 16, 2014

P-day #9- I still have no idea what's going on!

Well, friends, family, and all those in between. Where do I start this week. I guess I better just get the hard part off of my chest first. 

We are not going to Taiwan on Tuesday.......

We were called to the travel office and they told us that we would not be receiving our visas on time. They cancelled our travel plans and told us to sit tight. They told us that they are not going to reassign us yet because they feel that we could probably get our visas before Christmas, but to us that simply means that they have no idea what's going on. It could be this week, it could be two weeks from now. All I know is that my MTC stay is going to be a little bit longer than I'd originally thought. 

And while this has me a little bit down, I do find solace in the fact that things are supposed to happen in the Lord's time, not my own. If the Lord doesn't want us in Taiwan right now, then the time isn't now. So, we consider this at least a little bit of a blessing in that we have a bit more time to learn Chinese we would not originally have had time for. We have time to prepare, both physically and spiritually before we depart. So, it's not all bad. I guess I'm just itching to get out into the field.

But, I think the hardest thing right now is the fact that this week, we will be saying goodbye to both Elder Chan and Elder Marcelo, since they are going to California. In fact, tomorrow morning at like 3:30 in the morning, we will be sending Elder Chan off. Today is his last day at the MTC. He has to get a bunch of stuff done, packing and other things. And then we will send Elder Marcelo off Wednesday at like the same time. It will be just me and Elder Quist in our residence. It will definitely be very quiet... But we are very excited to see them getting to get out and start preaching this wonderful gospel to the people of California.

I love them both and wish them the best of luck.

As for the rest of this week, not much more has happened. We got the Christmas Eve/Day Schedule for the MTC. It sounds wonderful, but I do hope to be out in the field before then. I guess it all depends on the Lord's will.

Anyways, I love you all and wish you all the best in your lives. Good luck and may the Lord bless your life as he has blessed mine.

Sincerely, Son, Brother, and Eternal Friend

Elder Chase Millett
雷長老

No comments:

Post a Comment