Monday, December 1, 2014

Bummer, but it's okay!

So we definitely missed our Elder over the Thanksgiving holiday, and apparently he missed us too.

"This week has been bittersweet, as I'm sure you can guess. Thanksgiving was really good, but really hard at the same time. The "Thanksgiving Lunch" was meh, ok I guess, but still tasted mass-produced. The devotionals we had this week from Elder Oaks and Elder Bednar were amazing. The Bednar one was more like a Q&A than a devotional. He passed out a few hundred cell phones to the congregation and had them text in any questions that they had. He would try to answer as many as he could. It was really cool. The Elder Oaks one was cool too. He talked about remembering that our mission is about the Savior. It was really a privilege to hear from two members of the Twelve in a matter of two days. Let's see, what else happened this week."

So proud of Chase! : " I am the new district leader for our district. I will the district leader for the remainder of our time here, so that's pretty cool."

Chase was set to leave the MTC on December 16 and head to Taiwan..but......
" And just today we received some news. The districts leaving ahead of us are staying an extra week or so in the MTC and then going right to Taiwan. But, it's because their reassignments were cancelled because they thought that they were going to get their visas on time. We received an email from the Taichung mission this morning talking about what would happen when we got there. We were so excited because we thought that we were going to get our visas on time. We went to the travel office to confirm this, and we were told that we were about 99% likely to get reassigned. IT SUCKS!!!! I was so looking forward to getting to Taiwan. If, (more like when), I get reassigned, I will probably be speaking English, and because we will be there for a whole transfer, which is like 6 weeks, I am afraid I will lose some of my Chinese. And not only that, I thought that I was going to be spending Christmas in Taiwan, which would be really cool. But now, when I get reassigned, I'm going to have to spend Christmas in like (Some US State) or some other not-as-interesting place like that. I'm so bummed because I don't want that to happen. But I mean, there's not much I can do at this point. Soo....I don't know."

I wrote back to him and asked him why he was serving, was it because he was going to Taiwan, or  was it to teach the gospel to people everywhere? I told him that even people in (Some US state) deserve to hear  about the gospel and the true church of Jesus Christ.

"you're absolutely right. People need the gospel everywhere and I am glad and willing to bring it to them! I am really looking forward to going wherever I'll end up going"

I know that he is anxious to get to Taiwan, but I am so proud of his positive attitude. He has an amazing district and they are such a support to one another! 7 weeks down! On the upside, I can add a few more fun things to his Christmas package that was supposed to be shipped this afternoon. There are things that I can't send to Taiwan, so now I can send him a few extra things....AND it won't cost me a small fortune to send :) Happy December!

No comments:

Post a Comment