Sunday, June 28, 2015

GaoXiong, Veggie, and Back to Square One‏

Hello Family,

I hope that your week has been stupendous! Ours hasn't been too bad, can't complain too much. I 
guess that the only real complaint is that it is still getting hotter. Oh my goodness I am frying down here! But I am still keepin' on in that department.

Well, for starters, this email is late because today Elder Yeh and I had to come to GaoXiong, which is the southern part of the island. Elder Yeh had to come to the chapel here to take what's called the Michigan Test. This test is an English Proficiency test. Elder Yeh wants to attend BYU Hawaii and this test is one of the requirements for foreign students I guess. So there were quite a few native missionaries who came here today. But anyways, Elder Yeh's English is really good, so I'm sure he did fine! But yeah, the GaoXiong chapel is huge. Like, HUGE! Biggest chapel I've ever seen in my life, that's for sure.

Secondly, in addition to my new exercise endeavor, I have also slowly started to change my diet. I am now eating mostly vegetarian. I am not a COMPLETE vegetarian though. I will still eat eggs and a few other meat products, but if there is a way to cut meat out, I am doing it. This is mostly because the meat here is really fatty, not a whole lotta lean stuff you can find. So, in an attempt to continue losing weight and getting healthier, I am slowly working towards total vegetarianism. And it has been a little tough at the start, but I'm sure the benefits will come.

Now, lastly, when I say that we are back to square one, it is because of our investigator, KGL. I wrote last week that we had given him a goal for the 4th of July. Well, that's not happening... After that meeting, he cancelled on us twice because of work things he had to do. And then, later that week, he called us and told us that he was going to Hong Kong for a week and a half! FLIP! So, that goal is toast, and now were are back to where we were before, trying to set up time to meet and trying to give him a goal that he can SERIOUSLY commit to. But, I guess that's the 傳教士 life sometimes. People commit, people cancel, people spontaneously leave the country for two weeks. Fun stuff.

Well, that's about it for this week. I hope that you are all doing well and I look forward to hearing from you guys very soon. Love you all and stay awesome!

GaoXiong Chapel‏

Sincerely,
Elder Chase Joseph Millett
雷長老
This one is a Kao Rou, which is like grilling or barbeque

P-day adventures

Me and one of our Recent Converts

View from the train ride down to GaoXiong

View of Taibao from the roof of our chapel

No comments:

Post a Comment