Sunday, June 21, 2015

Phase 1 Finally Complete, 柯弟兄 Back on Track, Hairspray, and Consecration‏

你好家庭!
 
I hope that your week has been a good one. Ours has been very cool down in 太保. Another hot week, and only getting hotter, but it has been fun.
 
WOW! 4 TOPICS THIS WEEK!!!! SURPRISED YA' DIDN'T I !!!
 
So, to start off, I finally finished my Phase 1 pass-offs, the mission's language training program. So I finally get to start working on Phase 2. Now, Phase 2 is different in that it doesn't have pass-offs, and it is all flashcards. But the purpose of Phase 2 is to simply start to increase our vocabulary, which is what I need at this point. So, tomorrow I will be getting the "Red Box," or the first box of the Phase 2 program so that I can get going as soon as I can. So that has been exciting, and I am happy to see growth in the language.
 
Now onto the second, and quite frankly the most important part of this email. Ke Guo Lin is finally back on track for baptism. He spent a lot of time traveling recently and we were finally able to meet with him again this week. We sat down with him and discussed what needed to happen so that he could be baptized. We finally came up with the 3 most important things for him to remember.
 
1. He has to be available on Saturday to do the baptismal service.
 
2. He has to be able to attend church (at least Sacrament Meeting) for the Confirmation.
 
3. He has to be able to Schedule time for another Baptismal Interview in the coming week or week and a half.
 
So, that is where he stands at this point. His goal is for July 4, so we are working hard and often to try and make this thing happen. We are meeting with him tomorrow to set up his interview and hopefully, he will finally be able to take this important step.
 
And now onto a less important subject. So, recently, I've been experimenting with some new methods of doing my hair. I've discovered that because it is so hot here, anytime I use hair gel, it just melts down into my eyes and causes me discomfort. (And also, if my hair gets too long, gel just looks ridiculous.) So I started experimenting with hairspray. I've discovered that I love hairspray more than I've ever enjoyed using gel. So, that is probably the way I will do it from now on. Not only is it more convenient and comfortable, but it allows me to try out some new looks. So fun stuff.
 
And finally, I have been downloading lots of talks recently. On P-day, as I am doing my emails, I have been perusing LDS.org looking for more and more talks to listen too. Now, most recently, I have started listening to more and more talks by Elder Neal A. Maxwell. I've heard that people refer to him as "the modern day Isaiah." I totally agree. Anyways, I've started to love talks by him and some of the really thought-provoking and spiritual quotes he's given. So, that will be my invite for this week.
 
Recently, I've been reading a lot about "Consecration." What it means. What it entails and things of that nature. I have really started asking myself how consecrated I am to the Lord. And this talk by Neal A. Maxwell, entitled "Consecrate Thy Performance," really helps to put into perspective what Consecration entails.
 
 
As I've been doing this study, I remembered my experience in the temple. Now, for all of you who have had the chance to go to the temple, I would invite you to think about YOUR experience. Think about where the Law of Consecration comes in the order of the temple endowment. Think about the significance of the covenants that we make with our Father in Heaven.
 
Brothers and Sisters, we are the Lord's covenant people! We take upon ourselves sacred obligations, oaths, and promises before God, Angels, and Witnesses that we will always do as the Lord commands. May we all strive for complete consecration as we traverse this probationary mortality. May we all strive to become better as we too "are trying to be like Jesus." I love all of you and I leave this as my testimony in the name of Jesus Christ, our Lord, Savior, and Redeemer, whose grace is sufficient for all of us, Amen.
 
I love all of you, I hope that I too have been able to provoke some thinking, some self-evaluation, and some spiritual renewal. I hope that all of you have an amazing week and I look forward to hearing from you very soon.
 
With lots of love,
Elder Chase Joseph Millett
雷長老
 
P.S. Here are some pictures from last P-day. We went golfing. And some food that I made on Sunday (Soymilk Scrambled Eggs with Kimchi and Salmon)










we are on early. At about 11:45, a member from JiaYi is going to come pick us up and take us to the train station. We are going with the other missionaries in our district to another Chi Dao Bao. This one is a little bit different though. This one is a Kao Rou, which is like grilling or barbeque. So I am excited. And then afterwards, this member said that he could take us to Costco or somewhere to buy our food for the week and then he is taking us back here. This week is going to be a whole lot better knowing that you are ok! I will continue to pray that your recovery will be rapid. I'm glad that I have had the opportunity to share the things I've learned with you guys. I hope that you will be able to continue to take on my little weekly invites. The blessings that will come from doing so will be very evident. I love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment