Monday, October 10, 2016

3

The JiaYi Zone Conference


大家好。

I guess if you can't tell, the reason that this email is called "3" is because this will be my 3rd to last email of my mission. I have 3 full, regular Preparation Days left, so things are drawing to a close. So, yeah, 3.

So, this last week was kind of crazy. It started off on Monday. We decided that we were going to go with a bunch of the other missionaries to another amusement park in DouLiu, one of the cities in our zone. That was super fun. I didn't really take any pictures, as I was too dizzy to do much of anything after a while. Haha. We made it home just a little bit before we were supposed to go out and proselyte, so we had to throw on our regular pros clothes and go out. WE WERE DEAD TIRED! But in the end, it wasn't a bad day. Then originally, we were supposed to go up to Taichung for MLC, but that got changed like 3 times, so made preparing for ZTM much more tricky. Normally we have a bunch of material and things that we got from MLC to prepare, but this time we were pretty much on our own as far as preparation goes. It didn't hit me until later that this would also be my last ZTM! I was pretty sad when I heard that, as ZTM is one of my favorite meetings of the mission. I had to give my reflection, which was super emotional. I remember sitting in the same chapel almost a year and a half ago listening to other great missionaries give their reflections and sharing experiences and stories, and then there I was, doing the exact same thing. It was a very tender moment for me, but it was also a great experience to be able to share without restraint some of the things I've learned on the mission. Wednesday we had English class again, and that went pretty well. Thursday was ZTM. Friday we went on Exchanges with the MinXiong Elders, Elders Sims and Eisert. I went with Elder Eisert again. Those Elders are so funny. Elder Sims, for those of you who don't know is actually a fairly famous YouTuber. Kinda cool! But we had a good time on exchanges. Saturday and Sunday was General Conference, which is always such a neat experience. I noticed something this time. There were a lot of talks given about Prayer. I have thought long and hard about this subject recently, and I've concluded that my prayers are needing some improvement. I have tried earnestly since then to really pour out my heart and soul to God. I have tried to wait patiently for an answer in the quiet moments after I finish speaking. And although there are some questions that I still have not had a clear answer too, I am confident they will come in the Lord's time. But I think that my favorite talk from the whole Conference was by J. Devn Cornish. His talk was "Am I Good Enough? Will I Make It? I feel that at times, all of us will ask these questions. Will we be good enough to enter God's presence? Am I doing enough in my life to qualify for His blessings and grace and mercy? Does God really love me enough to forgive me of all the mistakes and sins I've committed? But I know without a shadow of a doubt that He does. And I agree in saying that if we are trying, we simply cannot fail. It was quite a talk, and it renewed my own hope and testimony, and it gave me some inspiration to help our investigators. All in all, it was a wonderful conference full of lots of inspiration and enlightenment. Well, the work is going well. Eugene is a really cool new member. Our investigator Shi JM is getting really close to baptism. We are just working with her to overcome a Sabbath Day concern. But, we are praying and we know that the Lord will help her. We are working hard and looking forward to even more miracles. And these last 3 weeks are looking oh so promising! I love you all and I'll talk to you soon!

Sincerely,
Elder Chase Joseph Millett
雷龘鬱長老

No comments:

Post a Comment