Monday, November 24, 2014

6 weeks !

"Well, the time has come for another P-Day letter to my friends and family back home. I don't think there is too much to talk about this week. But I do have some pretty exciting news.

So, the districts ahead of us got some news that their visas are only going to be delayed a week or so. They are going to stay at the MTC for an extra week before they go. But they are not being reassigned so that means that they will get to go right to Taiwan. Which means, according to quite a few people, that our district is more than likely going to get to go to Taiwan right on schedule. No reassignments or delays!!!!!!! WOOT WOOT! And while I am excited, IT IS NOT GUARANTEED, JUST VERY VERY LIKELY!!!! So yeah. We are all pretty excited about that.
             Ummm...... as for weather, it's typical Provo weather. It snows a few times a week, but not enough to have it stick. But it is fun to see some snow, and it makes the temple look even more beautiful.
          The language. I am having so much fun with it. I can hold at least a halfway decent conversation in Chinese at this point. But I still have a long way to go before I start speaking like a native. But it really is a fun adventure. I've learned more here than in the 4 years I took of high school Chinese. It is incredible. 
The district. The district has become like a second family to me. We all love each other so much and we all have our little quirks that we love about each other. 
We have Momma Kwong. We call her that because if we have any problems with laundry or something that needs sewing, she helps us with it. We have Qiu Bao Bao, (Baby Quist). We call him that just because he is always doing something laughable. Those are only a few of the funny jokes that we have as a district. We love it so much.
I have to thank you guys for the Thanksgiving and Christmas package you guys sent me. It is so fun. I love the little tree and the lights, and all of the little notes you guys wrote to me. But I especially love the Calendar you put in there. That was a special thought. I know that as we approach the holiday season, we need to remember to "Keep the Christ in CHRISTmas." Thank you so much for all that you guys do and I hope to talk to you soon.
LOVE YA,
Elder Thunder Millett
Chase"

No comments:

Post a Comment