Monday, November 10, 2014

P-day #4

It does a mom good to hear from her missionary on Monday, especially when he has had a rough week the week before.  It was great to hear that he had such a great week this week! He was able to work through some challenges, and I am so proud of him. Miss that boy like crazy, love him even more, but couldn't be more proud! He definitely sounds like a missionary! He has 4 1/2 more weeks in the MTC, but he so wants to be in Taiwan now, other than the language part of it.

"I just wanted to write and let you know that this week has been a lot better than the last one. I have definitely been blessed with confidence and the spirit is strong with me now. I know why I'm here and I know that I am meant to be here."
"yes, your packages are still very cheesy. I'm starting to think that you find every single cheesy mission-mom website where you can send your missionary candy and other sugary treats that you can. But as I said in previous letters, it's so you.... I want you to know that I am doing very well. My brothers and sisters in my district are such a wonderful support group to me. I love them very much. They have become some of my best friends. "
"I had some revelation that I feel helped turn my emotions for the better. I know why I'm here and I know that I am supposed to be here.  I know now that I CAN DO THIS!!!"
"So. Every e-mail I have been sending I've ended by saying what I thought was my Chinese name, Mi Zhang Lao. It turns out that I have been saying it wrong. My name is actually Lei Zhang Lao. Do you know what the meaning is?
In Chinese, Lei means thunder.
. I know that my mission on this earth is to continue to be vocal about the truth of the restored gospel. I am preparing now to fight on the front lines and to help bring souls unto salvation. I will be a booming voice of the Lord and allow his message to echo across eons of time. And that is why I'm here.

We all have a mission in life. THIS IS MINE!!!! I will serve in faith and from now on, whatever is thrown my way, I will never look back and I will never give up. My time is now and my mission has begun.


I love all of you and know that I am very proud of all of you. I am filled with spiritual vigor whenever I think about you. I hope to hear from you soon and know that we are on the Lord's side, and we can't lose.

Your Son, Brother, and Eternal Friend,

Elder Chase Joseph Millett (Lei Zhang Lao)

No comments:

Post a Comment