Saturday, August 29, 2015

Dan Jones (Again!), Senior Companion, and (Yet Another) 吃到飽‏

Well Family,

These last couple of days have been a little crazy, getting Elder Moore ready to leave and whatnot. Well, he's finally gone. He moved just a little ways away, to a city called 彰化, which is only like an hour away from here or so. Well, I had a good, fun-filled move call with him and I wish him the best and Good Luck!

Well, I got to have a really neat experience last night. Because there were a TON of new missionaries coming on island. They needed pretty much every companionship in Taichung to come and do the Dan Jones Experience with the new missionaries. So, I GOT TO BE A DAN JONES DADDY! I was so stoked! It was so much fun to go back and do it again. So, the Assistants told us that they would get a text when the new missionaries were on their way and that when they got there, we were supposed to cheer and clap and things like that to get them excited. Then we got to watch them get "up on the soapbox" and testify to the world. Then, the assistants would tell us which missionaries were "ours" and when they were finished testifying, we would take them through the night market and contact EVERYBODY we saw! It was super fun. My son was Elder Hatch, an elder from Kaysville, UT. He was really nervous about it, but we went out and rocked it! Man, doing the Dan Jones thing again really opened my eyes. It helped me see my progress in learning the language. It helped rekindle the excitement that comes from missionary work, and it gave me and opportunity to reunite with some friends. I got to see Elder Quist, my MTC companion there. I also got to see Elder Coleman, another elder who graduated from high school with me. And, one of the new elders that came on island was a guy that I remembered from high school, so that was pretty cool. All-in-all, I am sooooo glad that I was able to have that experience.

Well, in addition to Elder Moore leaving, there were also a couple of other changes this move call. Sister Liao, the native sister here in Dong Hai is also moving. She is moving WAY down south to an area called Ping Dong. So, she will be missed. But, this move call, I am going senior companion. I am definitely a little bit nervous about that. I don't know if I'm ready for that kind of responsibility yet. But, I guess if that's what the Lord has in mind for me, then he will make me equal to the responsibility.

My new companion, Elder Chen is a really cool guy. And I actually know him from my zone back in JiaYi. He is an ABC from San Diego. He is a really cool guy, super funny. And his Chinese is really good, so that eases my fears a little bit. Simply put, things have changed. I do hope that I can handle all of this, but I do my best and go on.

And, lastly, (kind of a random third thing), we went to another 吃到飽 yesterday. There is a member in Feng Jia that is apparently super super rich, and she is known for inviting missionaries to meals at super expensive restaurants. So, she invited all the missionaries in our district to this fancy buffet inside of a REALLY fancy hotel. And we ate until we couldn't eat no more. So that was fun. The member was SUPER nice to do that for us! So, thanks to her!

Well, that is about it for now. I won't be able to email next week, since we had 2 P-Days this week. So, I hope that all of you are safe and sound. Know that I am doing well and I hope to hear from you guys very soon! I love you all and take care!

Sincerely,
Elder Chase Joseph Millett
雷長老
Elder Quist and Elder Millett (MTC companions, meet again)

My Dan Jones son, Elder Hatch

These missionaries all participated in their Dan Jones experience 6 months ago when they arrived on the island.

No comments:

Post a Comment