Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Happy Birthday Elder Chen, College Time, and Who is this Guy?‏

Hello Family,

Wow, we actually have a normal P-Day today! YAY! So, I will try and fill you in on what's been going on recently.

So, yesterday was Elder Chen's birthday! So, today being our first P-Day for a while, I had him make a list of everything he wants to do today and we are going to run around 東海, so that will be pretty fun, considering our interests are very similar! So, happy birthday Elder Chen!!!!

Nextly, it is college time here in 東海! So, we are getting pumped to have new people here. Prepared people! Young people ready to receive the Gospel! So, our little bump in the road is about to pay off. We have been patient. We have prayed. And I feel that college starting is the answer that God is giving us. We are ready to tackle the world now! Let's go find new people to teach!

And Lastly, who is this guy? Well, lately, some people have been asking about my new companion, Elder Chen. I guess I didn't realize that I hadn't told you guys anything about him. So, I figured I could take this part of the email to share with you. 

So, Elder Chen is from San Diego, CA (La Jolla), but he has lived in about 10 countries since he was born. His dad is in marketing, and he moves around all the time. His dad is an ABC (ABC means American Born Chinese). His Mom is from GaoXiong. His parents never really used Chinese with him when he was growing up, because they both speak incredible English, and have lived in the States most of their lives. Elder Chen has studied for a semester at BYU Idaho and he wants to probably go into marketing as well. He is super smart!!! Like, CRAZY smart! 

As far as his interests go, he is very hipster. But not like the poser kind of hipster, but like, a LEGIT hipster. He loves old things like I do, and he knows how to find some really quality stuff for very cheap. He has made me a list of stuff that I have to get and check out in the future, (things like PF Flyers shoes, really good pencils and pens, some cool backpacks and things like that). We share an interest in cars, (Saab in particular). We can both talk about watches for HOURS. We love comics, video games, and just having fun with life. We both like to forge our own path in life. He is a very spiritual person, and his testimony is huge. He really inspires me, and I am SOOOO thankful for the opportunity I have to serve with him. Love you Elder Chen!

So, that is about it for this week. As far as the work goes, it's about to pick up. We have been doing a lot of less active work recently, and we have about 7 of them lined up with potential for reactivation. We have 0 progressing investigators right now, but I have a feeling that that is about to change very soon. We are meeting with a potential investigator tonight and we hope that he will prepare himself to receive this truth into his life.

Mother, I have a very important request. Elder Chen and I have recently been having a craving for Oatmeal Creme Pies. So, if you could throw in a box of those that would be wonderful. (And Girl Scout Cookies too if it's that time of year. Those are so good!!!)

As far as food goes. We have been trying to find some new places to eat here. We discovered a REALLY good Korean place here. It's a little bit more pricey, but so worth it. This week, I really didn't eat anything disgusting, just bored because we eat at the same few places, so we are trying to find new things and broaden our horizons. 

I love all of you! I hope you have a good week! Can't wait to hear back from ya! Stay safe, and GLHF! (Good Luck, Have Fun, for those of you who don't get it.) GG!

Sincerely,
Elder Chase Joseph Millett
雷長老

No comments:

Post a Comment