Sunday, October 18, 2015

"Better Planning Would Provide," Back in Business, and Pants‏

Hello Family,

This week has been pretty good. We have found a renewed vigor in the work, and we are starting to see the results of it. So, I guess I will get right to it. 

So, the reason that planning is the first subject of my email is because that has been one of the biggest reasons we have been seeing more and more success. When we had our interviews with the Mission President back about a month ago or something, he said that the first step to seeing more success is to have quality planning sessions. So, we put that to the test, and we have been more effectively using our missionary planners to make the best use of our time. So, for all of you who feel like your days are hectic and not effective, "Better Planning Would Provide." I encourage all to start making plans and setting goals and I know that it will be of great use to you. Don't figure it out late like I did.

So, because of our new determination to plan and set goals, we have seen some miracles this week. Our investigator from a few weeks ago, 陳弟兄, finally met with us again. He has been facing some family opposition to his believing in Christ recently, so he has been wondering whether or not he should continue to meet with us. Well, this last week, we had a really cool lesson with him, in which we reassured him of the converting power of the Gospel. He will be able to set an amazing example for his family and he will be able to help them see the changes in his own life. He was really touched by what we shared with him. And, following the promptings of the Spirit, we invited him to be baptized and to set a goal date. He accepted and we are hoping that he can get baptized on November 14. So, we are going to keep working hard and praying that he will be able to overcome these trials and continue learning and applying the Gospel in his life. So, we are back in business!!!

And lastly, pants. Kind of a random topic, but I will explain. So, since all of the missionaries here in Taiwan ride bicycles, clothes tend to take a beating. So, recently, as I'm getting off of my bicycle, I realize that my pants, (that I've only had for like a month or two), have ripped in the back. I was like, "Oh....MAN!!!!! SHOOT!" But I guess that's what happens, and thank goodness nobody saw. But, yeah, for any of you who plan on coming to Taiwan, TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOUR CLOTHES! Just a word of advice.

Well, that is about it for this week. Just one more little bit of news. This last week was my HUMP DAY!!!! As of this last Thursday, I have been on my mission for a year. It is really crazy to see how fast time flies here. It is pretty insane. It seems like only yesterday I was writing about my "6 Month Mark." But yes, I have learned a lot of things being here and I plan on using this precious year that I still have to the best of my ability. The first year has been a time of learning and growing, and now is the time to just "Go and Do." So, I plan on doing just that. 

Well, I love you guys! I hope you have an awesome week. Know that I love you and am praying for you guys every day. Stay safe! Have some fun when you can and I look forward to talking to you very soon.

Sincerely,
Elder Chase Joseph Millett
雷長老

Thanks, haircuts here are super duper cheap. 100 Kuai, which is just over 3 American Dollars, and it took like 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment