Monday, October 26, 2015

Goodbye Elder Galura, District Leader, and Fun with 鳳儀

Hello Dearest Family of Mine,

I hope that your week was full of surprises and fun. Mine certainly was. I got quite a curve ball thrown at me this week, but I will get to that in a bit.

So, this week, we had to say goodbye to Elder Galura. He had to suddenly move to help another Elder finish training. He had been here the longest out of any of us, and his leaving means that Sister Geddes and I are the oldest missionaries in the FengJia District. Elder Galura is such a fun guy. We miss him and we wish him the very best, as this is his last transfer before he finishes. I learned a lot from him and I am glad for the opportunity I had to serve with him. So now, the new Elders in FengJia are Elder Clayson, a missionary that came on island with Elder Chen, and Elder Lin, a native Taiwanese who is "duan chuan" ing until Elder Clayson can get a full time companion, so we may only have him here for a couple weeks. But, we are happy to have them here and I look forward to working with them.

Well, this little change caused a big change in my world. So, before Elder Galura left, he was our district leader here in FengJia. Well since he left, President Blickenstaff has to assign a new District Leader. So, I found out from the Assistants that I would be the new district leader here in FengJia. I am definitely a little nervous about that. I know that I have been on island long enough to know the ropes and everything, but I am definitely not sure about leading an entire district! But, President said that he feels that I will be able to handle it, and that he feels I'm ready, so I will definitely be putting this into the Lord's hands. A line in my Patriarchal Blessing says, "Never turn down a calling from the Lord, for he will make you equal to every responsibility." I feel that this is definitely a part of that promise, and I know that the Lord will bless me as I take on this new responsibility. And I am going to do my best to lead this district and continue doing this great work.

Lastly, I decided that today I would tell you guys a little bit about a really awesome member in our ward, 王鳳儀, (Wang Feng Yi). So, Brother Wang is a 20 year old YSA who is getting ready to go on a mission to Salem, Oregon. (Yup Kaden, be keeping your eye out for him!) He is super super ready to go. He helps us with lessons and things all the time and he will wear shirt and tie out in public just to practice!!! He always helps us English Proselyte and other things. And he is just such a stud guy! HE is super funny too. He was supposed to report to the Provo MTC tomorrow, but due to some visa problems, he really doesn't know what's going happen for the next little while. The only thing that they told him is that he will be to the Provo MTC (Guaranteed) by no later than December 1st of this year. So we are definitely praying for him. But, for now, I figured I could just introduce you to this wonderful friend of mine by showing you a couple of pictures of has "Having Fun with 鳳儀!!!)


​Well, that is about it for this week. Wish me luck as a new DL! I hope that all of you have a good week as well. The work moves on here in 東海! I love you all and wish you the very best!

GGWP. GLHF! 

Sincerely,
Elder Chase Joseph Millett
雷長老

No comments:

Post a Comment