Monday, October 5, 2015

Yet Another Typhoon, Transfers 快到了, and FHE

Well Family,

I hope that all of you had a stupendous week. Ours was pretty good. We have definitely seen some of the Lord's tender mercies this week, especially in regards to finding people. We have had a few referrals given to us that have some really good potential. So we are hoping and praying for their success.

Well, as you are probably aware, we had another typhoon come through this last week. In fact, in hit us on Monday night, so that was fun. The winds in this typhoon were a lot faster than the last one, but this one didn't last as long. We were ok. It blew throughout the night, but in the morning, everything had cleared up. But we were required to return home early that night, about 6:30 or so. We left our bikes at the church because there is a covered place that we could park them and keep them safe, and then we walked home. So yeah, typhoons, fun stuff.

Well, another transfer is about over. It seems crazy to me. I can't believe that I've been with Elder Chen for like 6 weeks already! Whatever happens, I've sure become really good friends with him. He's probably the companion that I've gotten closest to. So, I've been here in 東海 for 2 transfers now, and Elder Chen is probably at the time to go senior companion, so I may be leaving. But, it is not uncommon to be in one area for 3 transfers, so it is also very possible that I will stay here. But, I guess we will see what Saturday night's phone call brings.

Well, every Sunday evening, us missionaries host a Family Home Evening activity, (mostly for YSA's). We have a spiritual share, we play some (usually hilarious) games, and then we have a treat. But, they are always very fun. At last night's, I finally took some pictures so that I could give you a small taste of what we do! So I hope that you enjoy.

I did get the package!
​Thank you so much! It was so much fun! And the jelly is soooooooooo good!!!(Referring to the Ghost Pepper Jelly that we sent to him) I did get the package!
OHHHHHHH MY GOOOOOOOOOODDDDDNEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!! They were so good!!!!! (Referring to the Oatmeal Cream Pies that he and Elder Chen requested!)
And by the way, Elder Gary E. Stevenson, the new member of the Twelve, is the father of an Elder in this mission. He was Elder Watson's last companion before he finished. He is a zone leader over in Taichung East. He is a really awesome, friendly guy. I have talked with him a couple of times. I haven't listened to conference yet. That will be this coming Saturday and Sunday. 
For P-day we are going to FengJia to look at some stuff and then we are going to be meeting the FengJia Elders at one of the only Outback Steakhouses in Taiwan for dinner.

Well, that is about it for now. We are going to be having our English party this week. It is a Halloween theme, so we will be playing some fun games and eating some yummy food! So, we are going to be preparing for that. If there is anything else that you have questions about, feel free to hit me up! I am always willing to try and answer the best I can! I love you guys and I hope that your week is fantastic!!! Talk to you soon!

GG,WP

Sincerely,
Elder Chase Joseph Millett
雷長老

From Elder Millett's Facebook:
"Brothers and Sisters, I hope that you are getting excited and are spiritually preparing for the upcoming General Conference. I am so grateful for the opportunity we will have to hear the words of our living Prophets and Apostles. They, being called of God, are also called to receive his will and to share it with the world. With the passing of Elders L. Tom Perry, Boyd K. Packer, and Richard G. Scott, we will also have the opportunity to witness the calling of new members of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. I am so grateful for the example they have provided and I am so grateful for the Priesthood leadership in the church. May we all strive to be open and accepting to the will of God as we prepare to receive it through those whom he has ordained to be his mouthpiece. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
弟兄姐妹們,我希望你們現在是為總會大會在作準備。我很感謝我們可以有一個美好的機會聽我們活著的先知跟十二使徒作演講。他們有被按立把神的旨意傳給世界。因為我們最近有三個使徒過世,我們也會看三位被按立為基督作見證。我很感謝神有給我們他們的榜樣。我希望我們都會接受神的旨意。我也希望我們會為聽神的喉舌作準備。奉,耶穌基督的名,阿門。
Elder Chase Joseph Millett
雷長老"


"Told you I got the package"

Typhoon Dujuan

Typhoon Dujuan

No comments:

Post a Comment