Monday, October 12, 2015

Halloween, Stake BBQ Activity, General Conference, and Transfers‏

Me Doing "TaiJi" on the Top of AoFeng Shan‏

Halloween


Bike Riding through the city
Advertising Free English Class (I love these because it gives a small glimpse of the city)
English Class
Hello Family,

I hope that your week has been a great one. I hope that all of you enjoyed General Conference. I know that I did, but I will get to that in just a little bit. But I hope that all of you are safe and that life is treating you well.

Well, this last week was the last week of the transfer. So that means that we have the chance to throw and English Party for our English Class. Since we will only have one party in October, we decided that we need to have a Halloween themed party. It was really fun. We played a few games and we made some mini "toast-pizzas" to give to the students. And yes, most of us dressed up in some costume or another, (although mine may have been a little too extreme for mission standards. Oops, got too into it...XP). But we had a good time and we were glad to see our awesome English students!

Nextly, on Friday, we had a Stake BBQ Activity at a place called AoFeng Shan. At first, it started raining, so we were possibly going to have to cancel the activity, but they decided that we could hike around a little bit first to see if the rain would clear, so I got some fun pictures of that. Eventually, the rain did clear up and we enjoyed some yummy food with the members of the West Taichung Stake. 

Well, as I'm sure you are all aware, this last weekend was General Conference!!!! AND OH MY GOODNESS, WHAT A CONFERENCE IT WAS!!!!! There was such a high concentration of spiritual influence in one place that I could barely contain myself. Oh, believe me when I say that amongst us missionaries, there were gallons of tears being shed! The Spirit was so strong, and I don't even know where to begin sharing. Maybe I could just make a list of three of my favorite talks from Conference.

1. Meeting the Challenges of Today's World - Elder Robert D. Hales
   -This talk was awesome in that Elder Hales really focused on the young people of the church. He spoke like a Father speaks to his son. He spoke of the importance of setting goals and how our choices in this life, every aspect of it, will have some form of eternal consequence. This talk really made me want to improve and organize myself.

2. Behold Thy Mother - Elder Jeffrey R. Holland.
   -This talk left us speechless. Elder Holland spoke of the divine role and importance of mothers. I leave this simply as a message to my mother. I hope that you watch this talk and realize that I feel the exact same way. I love you so much and thank you for all that you do.

3. I Stand All Amazed - Elder Ronald A. Rasband
   - This talk from one of the three newly ordained apostles touched me dearly. The weight of such a calling would be difficult for any human being. But this talk gave me hope. I too stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me. I am so grateful for His blessings and I know that he will make us equal to every responsibility.

So, I invite all of you to read these talks. I know that they will touch you as they touched me.

Well, lastly, transfers. I will be staying in DongHai with Elder Chen for another transfer!!! Elder Nelson, Elder Galura's trainee, is moving down to GaoXiong to white wash an area with his new companion. Elder Quist, my MTC companion, is moving from the northernmost area in our mission to the southernmost area in our mission. He is moving down to HengChun, which is a really rural place with a really small branch. But I hear that it is beautiful. So, I am so excited for that!! Elder Galura's new companion is an Elder Clayson, whom I do not know. And this will be Elder Galura's last transfer, so he will be finishing in FengJia. We love him so much and are going to miss him. 
Well, that is about it for this week. I hope that all of you have a nice week. Know that things are going well and that I am still, at least partially, sane. So, talk to you soon! GLHF!

Elder Chase Joseph Millett
雷長老

我愛你最最最最最最最最最最最最最最最最最最最最最最最最多!!!!!哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈!我贏了。
不好意思。我聽不懂。你在說什麼東西?
(He was sending me all of this, and I told him I was going to have to go to Google Translate because I had no idea what he was saying: Here is his reply "Don't do that. It will only bring you grief. Essentially I said that I love you the most most most most most most most. And then I said HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA. I win. And then I said, Sorry, I can't understand what are you saying. What the stuff are you saying? That's about it."
And yes, a haircut is in the plan!!!!





Transfers



No comments:

Post a Comment