Sunday, December 13, 2015

Christmas Activity, Lessons from 屏東, and Oh yeah, I'm moving again!!!!!

Hello Family,

I hope that your week was fantastic! We had a really fun week! We had our Mission Christmas Activity at Sun Moon Lake on Friday. But, I will get to that in just a second. But there is definitely a lot to talk about, so why waste time.

So, as I just said, we had our Christmas Activity this past week, and boy was it a good time! So, on Thursday night, we decided that we were going to go up to 嘉義 one more time to let Elder Rogers and Elder Crockett practice before the performance. So, we got permission and were at the 嘉義 chapel until about 11:00 and then we went home. We woke up at about 5:30 the next day and went to the 嘉義 train station. We got on a bus that would take us up to the activity. (We were traveling by zone, so we were just tagging along with the 嘉義 and 台南 zones. Well, the bus drivers stopped to use the restroom, and we moved over to our zone's bus. About 2 hours later, we got to Sun Moon Lake! It is a gorgeous place!!! Well, we got off the bus and we took about a 1/4 mile hike up to the Ci-En Pagoda. There we took the mission Christmas picture, which you can find here,



(and I had 陳會長 take this picture for me.)

I'm Still White as ever!!!

Anyways, after we took the pictures, we went down to a little aboriginal village by the lake to do a little bit of shopping. I bought some super comfortable "genie pants" as everybody called them. (You will get pictures of those later.) While there, we also went down to the dock and took more pictures. Then, we got back on the buses and drove another 2 hours to where we were eating dinner, another 吃到飽 in 南投. It was really good. I definitely can't eat as much as I used to, a consequence of losing weight I guess. After we ate there for 2 hours, we drove to 員林 for the Christmas devotional. We got to hear some musical performances, including Elder Rogers' and Elder Crockett's. President and Sister Blickenstaff and the office elders put on a Nativity scene for us, so that was fun. We got to hear departing missionaries give their testimonies, and then President and Sister Blickenstaff gave talks. It was a super spiritually satisfying evening. And, at about 9:00, we got on the buses again to head home. We got to the 鳳山 train station at about 11:45, and then we got back to our home in 屏東 at about 12:30 or so. We were DEAD TIRED!!!! But it was definitely worth it. It was a blast of an activity, and I am so grateful for all of the Mission's hard work in putting it together. It was definitely something I'm going to remember for a long time.

Secondly, I just thought that today I would share a couple of the things that I've learned in 屏東. Being there has really helped me to develop patience, whether it be with a companion, a stubborn investigator, or with myself. I also learned that although missionaries come from all different backgrounds, we come together to fulfill the same noble purpose. Elder Rogers and I were very different people, but we became really good friends and shared the same goals. These, of course, are only a few of the lesson I've learned there. Pretty good for being there for a month I think.

Well, why did I share all of that? Well, because I am moving again. Yup, I am outta 屏東! Because it is becoming its own stake, the area is becoming a Zone Leader area. So they kicked me out to make room for the new Zone Leader. Elder Rogers will stay there for 3 weeks, and then he will move to make room for the other Zone Leader. I was only there for a month, but it was definitely a good time. I love the members, investigators, and the missionaries there. They were all so good to me and they will surely be missed. 

台南, here comes the Thunder!!! Yup, I am in Tainan now. I am in the Tainan 3rd Ward. My new companion is Elder Erwin. I really don't know much about him right now, other than that he is from South Jordan, Utah and that he plays the violin. So, I will fill you in as we spend more time together. But know that I made it to Tainan safely, and that I am looking forward to the experiences I will have here. (Plus, the food in Tainan is FAMOUS! So that is always a plus!) I am still Senior Companion, and District Leader. I have a district of six missionaries, Us, the Sisters, and the 4th Ward Elders. So, new adventures await!!!!

Elder Erwin and I
Well, that is about it for this week. I am looking forward to hearing from you. Know that I am happy, healthy, and excited to be serving the Lord here in Tainan, the "Land of Milk and Honey" for missionaries! So, I love you all and I will talk to you soon!

Sincerely, 
Elder Chase Joseph Millett
雷長老

No comments:

Post a Comment