Sunday, May 29, 2016

BaFang Err Day, We Got Fanged How Many Times?!, Transitioning

Hello Big House,

大家好.

Well, this week has been ok I guess. Just been out tryin to find some new people to teach. Not too incredible, but not bad either. But we have seen some neat miracles this week. Elder Baxter and I are getting along great. We are very much the same person, at least in some regards. Haha. But, I guess I could try to find a couple things to write about this week.

Well, let's see. So, in our area, the East District of Taichung, there are not a lot of restaurants, at least not tons that are really cheap. So, recently, we have been eating a lot of BaFang, a big chain restaurant that is all over the island. It is a dumpling place, but they have some other really good stuff too. I don't know if I'd written about them before, but yeah, they're pretty good. And since we're both still trying to figure out the area, we are also in the process of finding new places to eat food. So, we have pretty much eaten 70% BaFang this week. Lol. But it could be worse.

So, our numbers for this week got utterly destroyed! We were pretty excited because we had a day that was just completely filled with lessons and potential investigators. But then that dream day turned into a nightmare. We got fanged once and it was kind of like "man." But, that's ok, we still had a bunch of other lessons right? Well, as the day went on, we got fanged (or cancelled on) again. Then again. Then again. And so on. So, in that one day, we got fanged 6 times! Yes, in one day! GAH!!!!!!! Some days! Our dream day of new investigators soon turned into being out on the roads again. But hey, just another part of the work. The Lord will definitely try our faith in many different ways. But, maybe things were supposed to happen that way. Oh well, life goes on. The work goes on.

And lastly, I figured I would talk about transitioning to a new area. I have done that a few times in the past now. It can be fairly tricky adjusting to a new area! You have to get used to a brand new place, brand new ward, and brand new circumstances entirely. Some areas have been quicker to adjust to than others. I have made it my personal goal to get as acquainted with the area as I can as soon as I can. If you can get close to the area, the work can progress faster. You don't have to worry as much about that transition period. But, it is still kind of difficult. I am still trying to figure out where things are and stuff. But, it is definitely going faster than before. So hopefully that will help the area to pick up soon. But, we are still going. We are doing our best to find some new people to teach and whatnot. So, another week in the life of a missionary! I love the work. I love the people. I love the language. I love life! Love you all too and I will talk to you guys next week.

Sincerely,
Elder Chase Joseph Millett
雷龘鬱長老 (Lei2 Ta4 Yu4 Zhang3 Lao3)
(I forgot to mention, another Taiwanese person gave me a new Chinese name again. The characters in this new name were super cool, so I decided to change it again. I know! I shouldn't be able to just randomly change my name, but this is the last time. I think this name is super shuai!) the first character is a really old character. Not a lot of people recognize or use it anymore. It just depicts a dragon in flight. And the second one is like luxurious I think. (But the second character could also mean melancholy.) I just like the name because the characters are super advanced. haha

Taipei Temple Trip


No comments:

Post a Comment