Sunday, May 1, 2016

Priesthood Power!, Some Food Adventures, and Elder Hampton Devotional with a Special Surprise

Hello Errbody,

大家早安!

Well, this week was pretty legit. Saw lots of miracles again. And there were definitely lots of surprises! Needless to say, I feel super happy right now! Maybe just comes with the season. Haha. But, let's get going.

So, this week, we got to meet with Eric again. He is doing wonderfully. Just yesterday in fact, he received the Aaronic Priesthood and was ordained a Priest! We were so stoked! He will get to pass the Sacrament meeting next week, which will be one of the highlights of my mission. He had some rough times right after he was baptized, but he has proved to be a trooper. He really wants to do all that he can to draw closer to Christ and remain true and faithful. He has been a big example to me. And I know without a doubt that the friendship we have built will last into the eternities. Now, he wants to try and do what he can to help his family get baptized back in the Philippines. So we are praying hard for that. But, we finally got his baptismal record sent up to the mission home, so it is official! 

In addition to that, our investigator Peter also came to church, which is a very significant event. We have been meeting with Peter for a couple of months now, and he has been struggling to find a time to come to church. Well, with Taiwan's Labor Day being yesterday, he finally had the chance to come and check it out. He wore a suit and everything! That was a big miracle. Normally, he is pretty shy, but yesterday a miracle happened. During our first hour, the Bishop asked if he would stand and introduce himself. When he did, he said something along these lines, "Hi, I'm Peter. I am excited to be here. I am already a member of this church. I just haven't been baptized yet. I am still developing my faith, and when I have done what I need to do, I will be baptized into this church." And then he sat down. It blew me away! He said it with such sincerity and such conviction. The Spirit was so strong in that moment. We are hoping that after his church experience, he will start progressing more rapidly towards that goal. So Good!!!!!

Well, I decided that I haven't written about any food adventures recently, so I'll take some time to write about some. So, in our area, there is this restaurant that is ALWAYS packed with people. Like, there is a line out the door most of the day. And it has been like that since I got here. But, we had never had the chance to go in. So, Elder Starkweather and I decided that we would go give it a try one day. We got there right when it opened, so there weren't many people there. This place is called Maya, and it's like some kind of Korean Chicken place. So, we go in and order food. This place is one of those places where you order one entree to share between two people. They brought this out to us.



Yeah, they come and make this chicken right in front of you. It was like a spicy Korean flavor and it was to DIE for! Wish I could eat there all the time! And I also got this fun drink there too.




​Yeah, they bring out this drink with this massive blob of cotton candy on the top. The way they explained it was that you could eat the cotton candy straight or you could dissolve it into the drink to make it sweeter. I tried both ways and both were great. It's been forever since I had cotton candy. My tongue was definitely not used to it. It was SOOOOO sweet. Guess I don't have as much of a sweet tooth as I did before. Haha. But, anyways, it was a fun restaurant. (And about the glasses, yeah, they're fake. I don't need glasses, but some guy was selling these things for like 200 NT on the side of the road and I thought they were fly, so I got em. Eh, try a new look I suppose.)

Well lastly, this week I got to go up to ZhangHua to attend Elder Hampton's Memorial. Since I was MTC companions with Elder Quist, President Blickenstaff said I could go. So, we went up on Saturday morning with Diego. It was such a neat experience. Elder Quist, ZhangHua's Stake President, and President Blickenstaff, as well as one of his counselors, all gave incredible talks. The Spirit was so strong there. Everyone bore strong testimony of the Plan of Salvation, and it moved nearly all to tears. What a privilege that was to be able to attend. In addition to that, there was a surprise visitor who also attended. Someone whom I hadn't seen for a long time.

Brother Woolsey, My MTC teacher!!!!! It was so unexpected! But because he had taught our district in the MTC, he obviously had heard about what happened with Elder Quist and he had come to support him. It was definitely weird hearing him speak English, because in the MTC that almost never happened. (And for good reason!) But he is doing well and he was excited to see us here. What a wonderful treat for all of us. It topped off the day in my opinion. It was awesome.

Well, I think that's about it for now. Let's see, what else? Oh yeah, the river outside our apartment is infested with jellyfish right now. Yeah, JELLYFISH! Weird right. It's kind of cool though. There are hundreds of them! I'll try to get a picture if I can. But yeah. Hope all of you have an awesome week. Mine certainly was awesome. Happy Mother's Day, soon. And I will talk to you guys very very soon! Love ya! Take care! GG,WP.

My new ride
Sincerely,
Elder Chase Joseph Millett
雷長老

No comments:

Post a Comment