Sunday, April 24, 2016

I'm 20?, I'm Staying in Tainan, and Tender Mercies of the Lord

大家好。

This week was pretty awesome. We have seen lots of miracles this past week. And I will start off by thanking you all for the birthday wishes. It made my day very special!

謝謝你們給我一個很快樂的生日!

So yeah, this last week, I officially turned 20 years old. Seems kind of crazy. My 20th anniversary of life. And it definitely was a special day. Started off by going to a delicious beef noodle store for lunch. Then, we had heard the day previous that there was going to be some kind of "If China invaded Taiwan" drill, in which no one could be on the road for like a half hour, so we had to go to the chapel after that. Well, to my utter surprise, the Sisters (bless their hearts) had bought this delicious strawberry cake and we had a mini 30-minute party with the district. It was so much fun! Man, both districts I've been in my past 2 birthdays have been WAY too good to me. Sometimes I wonder how they find out though. I try not to tell anybody. But then I remember that my mother adds ALL of my Taiwanese friends on Facebook, including other missionaries! And then I also remembered that Sister Kwong is still on island right now, and that she was in my district my first birthday on island, and that the Sister she trained is now in my current district. So, the point is, it was pretty hard to hide this time. And that night, we went to Costco with the FHE group again, where they surprised me with another cake, more singing, and a wonderful conclusion to my birthday. Thanks to all of you for making it such a wonderful day. (And, shoutout to my son, whose birthday is this coming week! Love ya Elder Park!)

Well, in other news, we got the mini-movecall yesterday, and it turns out I will be staying in Tainan for a little while longer! I am so stoked! Get to hang out with my good friends for just a little bit longer! And, we got a new Zone Leader. My good friend Elder Crockett, who moved to Tainan with me at the same time, was our zone leader for the past 3 movecalls. Well, come to find out that our new Zone Leader is none other than my MTC companion Elder Quist!!! I WAS SO EXCITED TO FIND THAT OUT! It feels like an eternity since I've seen him. And now, I will more than likely get the chance to go on exchanges with him! I am so happy to have that chance. I served with him in the very beginning, and now I will get to serve him near the latter part of the mission, at least in some degrees. But yeah, long live Tainan! The land of milk and honey!

Lastly, this week we were able to see a ton of miracles. I think the biggest one was the long-anticipated confirmation of our friend Eric. We had gone to find him a few days before, and he had told us that he probably wouldn't be able to come to church until like the end of May or June. That had us worried because if he wasn't confirmed within a month of his baptism, he would have to be rebaptized. But, he received a priesthood blessing in which he was promised that he would have means of coming to church that very next Sunday! It was so powerful. And then, we called him a day or two later to followup with him, and he told us that he had received permission from his supervisor to reschedule his work time so that he could come to church! He came, all three hours! And then I had the wonderful privilege of confirming him (because English.). And then, right after church, he had an interview with Bishop Yeh to receive the priesthood. He passed, and he will receive the Aaronic Priesthood next week as a Priest! We were both so overjoyed! It was definitely one of the Lord's tender mercies in our lives, and in his life. We are so excited to see him so happy. 

Anyways, that is about it for this week. Thanks again for the birthday wishes! I hope all of you have a fantastic week as well. Love you all! Talk to you very soon! The work goes on.

Sincerely,

Elder Chase Joseph Millett
雷仕鈞長老

No comments:

Post a Comment