Monday, June 13, 2016

Zone Leader Exchanges, Doing the DL Dance, and Hitting the P90X Again

大家早安!

This week has been fairly average. Can't say it's been terrible. Can't say it's been too crazy fantastic either. There were some really neat miracles and spiritual experiences though. Elder Baxter and I are getting along great. We are very similar. He is just a lot more sarcastic! But the work is slowly picking up here in DongYing. We have some really neat people we are working with, and a couple of them with Baptismal Goals, so that is pretty exciting. Finally getting to know the area better as well, so that doesn't hurt things. 

Well, this last week, we got to go on exchanges with the Zone Leaders (that's what DL's do.) So, Elder Baxter went over to 霧峰 (WuFeng) with Elder Stringham, and Elder Tatton came here to DongYing, which, interestingly enough, is where he served a year earlier. He had a good time going back through his old area and working hard to help the work progress there again. We were out contacting in the rain for a few hours both Friday and Saturday, but it was worth it. I definitely learned a lot about effective contacting from him. He is a good, hard-working missionary. We just applied the invites that they gave us at the last Zone Training Meeting, to Plan effectively, work diligently, and exercise faith. This area has definitely inspired me to do that even more so than before. So, the exchange definitely boosted my Spirits and inspired me to work even harder. 

Well, since I've come to DongYing, I was made DL again. And man, that definitely comes with it's challenges. But it's very rewarding too. I get to work with more missionaries, which is something that I love to do. I get to prepare and present District Training Meetings to inspire our district in the work. I get to followup with everyone and really get to know their investigators, which is really neat. As I said though, it can be challenging though. Trying to keep a district unified can be tricky. I have to try and set some goals and expectations for the district, which require much pondering, study, and prayer. I have to be there when correction is needed. Our area has to be an example for other missionaries in the district. Needless to say, there is a lot to do there. There are times when doing the DL dance seems very complex, but in the end, it really is worth it. I feel like some of the most growth I've experienced is when I've been a DL. It's helped me to step out of my own comfort zone a little bit and really step up and be a leader. Two very important things that are essential for living a great life. And it's helped me to find out what some of my own weaknesses are and help them become strengths. And it's made my mission experience a lot more rewarding. (I don't know why I decided to share this, I just thought it was something I hadn't shared my thoughts on before.)

The weather: Some days it's hot. Some days it's rainy. Depends. But typhoon season is almost here That stresses mom out!) so that means that it will probably start raining a lot more though. Guess we'll have to see.

And lastly, I started doing P90X again this week! Woo Hoo!!!! Yup, I've decided that I really want to look good for when I get back. And I really plan on keeping it going this time. I've already worked out every day this past week, and my body being sore lets me know that it's working! So, just gotta keep "Bringing it." "X Like!" Haha. Gettin' up at 6:00 is quite the challenge though! But totally worth it!

Well, now that you're done laughing, that's about it for this week. The work goes on here in DongYing. We just keep planning effectively, working diligently, and exercising faith. I'm in good health, even more so now that I'm exercising again. Companionship is good. Life is good. Just keep on keeping on. Love you guys and I'll talk to you very soon!

Sincerely,
Elder Chase Joseph Millett
雷龘鬱長老

No comments:

Post a Comment