Sunday, November 8, 2015

Mission Tour, Interview with Elder Wong, and the Work Goes On

Hello Family,

I hope that your week was good. Ours was really awesome on this side of the world. So, I might as well get right too it.

So, this week, we had our mission tour. Essentially, what the mission tour is is every year, a general authority of the church comes and speaks to all of the missionaries in the mission. So this year, it was Elder Wong, one of the members of the Quorum of the Seventy. He is a native on Hong Kong and is a really friendly guy. Well, at the mission conference, we talked about what success really meant as a missionary. Apparently, President talked about a trend moving through the mission of missionaries comparing themselves to each other based on numbers. He basically came out and said that this can't happen. So, we talked about how the most important thing to remember is that our purpose is to invite others to come unto Christ. As long as we are working our hardest and being obedient, than the blessings will come. We also talked about some teaching skills with Elder Wong and about what being a missionary means. There was so much more that we talked about, but I don't think I have time to write it all. All in all, it was an incredible experience.

Well, in addition to that, the night before the tour, I got a call from President Blickenstaff. He called and said that he would like me to have an interview with Elder Wong before the tour starts. (Apparently, the General Authorities like to interview a few missionaries before the meetings, probably just to get an idea of how missionaries in the mission are doing. So, I had to be at the WuQuan chapel a little bit earlier for this interview. I walked in and started talking with him. He is such a friendly man. And he had a light about him that really let you know that he was a representative of Christ. He asked how I was doing, if there was anything he felt I wanted to learn in the meeting and so on. He got to know me, where I'm from and things like that. He shared with me about how the Lord will help us to move forward, so long as we are willing to keep trying, so I thought that was pretty awesome! So, yeah, I got to have my once in a lifetime chance of having a one on one interview with a General Authority. So, it was really awesome, and I will treasure that experience for the rest of my life.

Lastly, the work goes on here in the East China Sea (Dong Hai). We have been blessed with many tender mercies here as of recently. One of the biggest ones I think though is a new investigator that we are meeting with right now. So, when I first got to this area, the first lesson I had was with Wang Feng Yi (Elder Wang) and one of his best friends, Liang DX. Well, the lesson went ok, but afterwards, we never really heard from this friend again. Well, just before he left, Feng Yi asked us to try and meet with him again. Well, this friend had just attended a dinner at the Wang Family's house when they said a prayer on the food. He explained to us that he felt something that he had never felt before, and that he wanted to keep having these feelings. He explained to us that he had seen the change in his best friend preparing for a mission, and that he also wants to change his life around too. So, we are now meeting with him again. And he says that he is willing to prepare for baptism. It was one of the most spiritual lessons I've had on my mission. To be able to see Feng Yi, through his example, help a friend feel the Spirit and desire change is just so touching to me. So, to be able to have this opportunity to help Liang DX is a privilege, and I know that the Lord will help him to progress.

Well, that is about it for this week. Sorry, no pictures this week. But I will try to take more and more. I mean, I've got a good sized memory card for the job. But, if you have any other questions, you know where to find me. Love ya! Talk to you guys soon! 

Sincerely,
Elder Chase Joseph Millett
雷長老
#LeFans, #EastOcean #GGWP

The Taichung East, West, and South Zones

No comments:

Post a Comment