Monday, November 16, 2015

Well, I'm Goin' South...........Goodbye 東海, Hello 屏東

Hello Family,

I hope that your week has been a good one. Ours has been pretty good. But definitely lots of crazy 東西 happening. Emails won't be very long today, but I just thought I would update you. 

So, yes, I suddenly had to move. With a lot of missionaries going home, as well as some new positions needing to be filled, I got a call from the Assistants on Saturday night telling me that I would be moving the following Monday! Yeah, kind of crazy. So, after rapidly packing up all of my junk, and saying goodbye to the ward on Sunday, I left this morning to travel down to PingDong, one of the furthest south areas in the mission. It would be considered pretty rural. We have a city as our main area, but we have a lot of secondary areas. So our proselyting area is huge. I'm not quite sure how close the ocean is, but I can't imagine it's too terribly far. You pronounce it (Ping Dough-ng) if that makes any sense. As far as how far it is from Taichung, on the other side of the island. It was a 3 hour train ride from the Taichung Station to the PingDong station. The only things lower than us are ChaoZhou (Sister Kwong moved down to ChaoZhou, just a transfer before I came down here. So, it seems like I've been following her around the whole mission!)  and HengChun (Elder Quist is just two districts down. So we are in the same zone.) . I had to say goodbye to Elder Chen, which was kind of sad because it was so sudden, but it was fun to see how close we'd gotten. I am district leader down here too. But there are only two companionships in our district, just us and the sisters. So yeah. But yes, definitely some new adventures ahead. Because I am more south, it is definitely warmer down here. (Mom preceded to tell him that St.George had a chance of snow..here was his response...)Pft. Snow....I forgot what that stuff looks like. Because it's still like 80 something degrees here most of the time!!! But I guess that comes with island life! But it is super green and super pretty here. I will try and take some cool pictures this week to send to you! 

So, my new companion is Elder Rogers. He is also from San Diego. That is pretty much all I know about him right now. But I'll fill you in on all of the gruesome details next week. Sorry, no pictures right now, I forgot to put my camera in my proselyting bag. But I will get those to you next week! Anyways, know that I am safe and happy. And I am looking forward to living the southern life! Love you guys and I will talk to you later! 

Lots of love,
Elder Chase Joseph Millett
屏東的長老 雷長老
Elder Millett first served in Chiayi, then to Taichung, now down to Pingtung. He is seeing all parts of the island.

This was Elder Millett's Facebook Post

Elder Chase Joseph Millett
5 hrs
嘿嘿嘿,我回來了。我今天有搬家了。我有搬到屏東!好,所以,我今天要跟你們分享一個很酷的事。你們有沒有看過認識摩爾門?它是我們教會作的電影。我自己覺得它很好看。我希望你們都會有機會去看。它真的有幫助我培養我對耶穌基督的見證。謝謝你們。雷長老
Hey, hey, hey, I'm back. I have moved house today. I have moved to pingtung! Okay, so, today I want to talk to you guys share a cool thing. Do you ever meet Moore door? It is our church for the movie. I think it's very nice. I hope you will have the opportunity to go to. It really helped me build me the witness of Jesus Christ. Thank you. Ray Elders
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5uoGMZbt9U
認識摩爾門剖析了六名虔誠的耶穌基督後期聖徒教會成員(摩爾門)不同的多樣生活。本片拍攝地點橫跨世界各地,認識摩爾門帶領觀眾踏上旅程,看到住在美國、哥斯大黎加、尼泊爾和其他地方的一些人的日常實際…
YOUTUBE.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment