Sunday, November 29, 2015

林弟兄 x 2, Elder Stevenson Devotional, and Traveling........A Lot

Hello Family,

I hope that you have had an awesome week. Ours has been fantastic, as well as tiring. There has been a lot of stuff going on down here in 屏東. But we are having a good time, Elder Rogers and I. So, I guess I'd better get to it.

So, this last Saturday, we had a baptism!!!! WOOOO! It was for our good friend, 林弟兄. He has been meeting with missionaries for a few months now, and has taken quite a long road to get here. He has given up smoking as well as other things in order to be able to take upon himself the covenant of baptism. Well, I got to teach a couple lessons with him before and after his baptism, and even in that minute period of time, I have seen him change and grow so much. We are so proud of him and are grateful for the opportunity we have to welcome him into the 屏東 Ward. In addition to the festivities of a baptism, I also got a little surprise of my own that night. So, Do you remember Hedde Lin? He served a Mini-Mission up in 逢甲 while I was in 東海. Well, he just so happens to be in the other 林弟兄's ward up in 台南, so he came down and visited me! 
Man, I love that guy so much! I hope I can bring him to America sometime after I get back, but we'll see!!!

So, this week, we got to have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to hear an apostle speak to us in person. Elder Gary E. Stevenson, of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, came and addressed us on Friday. His son was just finishing his mission, so when he came and picked him up, he had a fireside with the whole mission!! Every missionary went up to the chapel next to the mission home and got to hear an amazing man speak even more amazing things. He said so much, there really isn't a way to put it into words, so I will not include it here. Just know that it was amazing. And then after that, we had another wild experience. So, Elder Rogers, along with Elder Crockett (another missionary who came on island at the same time as me) are preparing to perform a musical number at the upcoming mission Christmas activity, so while we were at the mission home on Friday, Sister Blickenstaff asked if she could hear a little preview of the song, just to see how well it was coming along. So, we walked into the living room of the Blickenstaff's home, where we find not only President and Sister Blickenstaff, but Elder Stevenson and his wife and son sitting there as well. Well, that definitely upped the pressure on Elder Rogers and Elder Crockett a little bit, playing in front of an Apostle and what-not. But the song sounded great and everybody that that it was wonderful. So, that was fun. It is fun to have a musically-inclined companion sometimes!!!

Lastly, traveling............UGH!!!!! We have been doing so much traveling recently. In addition to me moving all the way down the island, the devotional, and a specialized training in 高雄, we have been going all over the place. So, because of the performance that Elder Rogers and Elder Crockett have to prepare for, they have to get together and practice, since there is not much time left. The only problem is, Elder Crockett is in JiaYi, halfway up the island!!! So, we have now traveled up to JiaYi twice within the last week and a half. We are here now, and we have to come back next Monday, since it will be there last time to practice together before the performance. All-in-all, I am starting to get sick of being on the train so much. But it is still an adventure, and it is fun coming back up to some old stomping grounds. 
Elder Crockett is the one on the far left. This is us in front of there apartment complex with some of Elder Rogers' recent converts.

Well, that is about it for this week. I hope you all had an awesome Thanksgiving. I know that mine was fun. I got to be in JiaYi! So, I wish you all another amazing week. Start hangin' up the Christmas decorations and let's prepare to celebrate the birth of the Savior and Redeemer of the World. I love ya, and I hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,
Elder Chase Joseph Millett
雷長老





No comments:

Post a Comment